Our commitment to diversity is reflected in the composition of our people. Women and minority attorneys are engaged in all aspects of our firm. They hold leadership positions on our Board of Directors, as Industry and Practice team leaders, and as committee chairs.
We provide equal opportunities and benefits to all employees, regardless of gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Our diversity programs substantiate our beliefs. Current programs include:
We award an annual Diversity Fellowship to increase diversity in our firm and in the local legal community. Each year, we offer one fellowship recipient a paid summer clerkship at Graham & Dunn and a scholarship to be applied to the law student's second-year tuition. To be eligible, recipients must be first-year law students with a diverse background and must demonstrate a commitment to fostering diversity in the legal community.
We post all openings for attorney positions with Washington minority bar associations, including the Asian Bar Association, Loren Miller Bar Association, and Northwest Indian Bar Association.
Graham & Dunn Memorial Scholarship
Each year, we award a scholarship to a high school senior enrolling in an accredited college or university. Scholarship recipients exemplify leadership, scholastic aptitude, commitment to community, and a demonstrated ability to overcome adversity. Many recipients are minority students.
Our belief in diversity reaches beyond our workplace, too. We are actively involved in professional and civic associations that promote diversity and celebrate the unique characteristics of people. These organizations have included:
- American Bar Association Minority Counsel Program
- Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Asian Counseling & Referral Service
- City of Tacoma's Human Rights Commission
- Grand Boule
- Hellenic Bar Association
- Hirabayashi Coram Nobis Team
- Japanese American Citizens League
- King County Bar Association Future of the Law Institute
- King County Bar Association Gender Equality in the Legal Profession
- Korean American Bar Association
- Korean American Professionals Society
- Loren Miller Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Nikkei Concerns (Keiro Nursing Home)
- Northwest Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women
- Northwest Women's Law Center
- Northwest Women Lawyers
- Odessa Brown Children's Clinic
- Seattle Urban League
- Washington State Minority and Justice Commission
- Washington Women Real Estate Lawyers
- Washington Women in Tax