Our attorneys advise food and beverage producers, retailers, suppliers and distributors on compliance with the myriad state and federal industry regulations and laws. Specifically, we counsel clients on laws and regulations governing production, labeling, marketing, distribution, consumer protection and e-commerce.
Our clients include:
- Breweries, wineries and distilleries
- Food providers and wholesalers
- Retailers of wine, beer and liquor
- Food manufacturers and importers
- Entrepreneurs in the food and beverage industry
- E-commerce companies
- E-commerce (website and logistics compliance)
- Advice regarding distribution relationships (supplier-wholesaler relations, supplier direct sale/shipment to consumers, supplier direct distribution to retailers)
- Branding, trademark and label protection
- Advertising and promotions
- Liquor licensing
- Food and beverage regulatory matters
- General business issues (formation, financing, commercial transactions and mergers and acquisitions)
- Import/export issues
We guide clients through the regulatory maze of forming, acquiring and financing food and beverage businesses and facilities, ensuring that complex transactions are not delayed or derailed by the little-known technicalities. We advise on, and take lead roles in mergers & acquisitions, financing, franchising and corporate issues.
Click here for beverage industry-specific experience.